[ccache] amd64 buildworld (FreeBSD 8.0p2) consistently fails with ccache

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Mon May 10 14:58:25 MDT 2010

On 2010-05-10 03:24, Christer Edwards wrote:
> I've enabled logging and I would attach the logfile, but it is 12M
> total size. I've included the tail end, just leading up to the
> failure:
> [...]
> [78047] Running real compiler
> [78047] Compiler gave exit status 1
>
> This build had no CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS and exited at the same point.
>
> What other information can I provide?

The most important thing is to find out the exact command line used when
the compilation failed. Your build system doesn't seem to print that, so
I think you either should try to increase verbosity in some way or
upgrade to ccache 3.0pre1, which was just released. 3.0pre1 logs the
executed compiler commands to CCACHE_LOGFILE, so it would be enough to
get the log snippet of the failed compilation. Possibly, the compiled
source code could also be of interest.

-- Joel