[ccache] Question about features and release date

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Wed Apr 14 13:17:54 MDT 2010

On 2010-04-14 03:58, Yoda, Kiwamu wrote:

> Q1. In future, will ccache support other compilers besides gcc?
>    Especially RealView.

I have no personal interest in working on supporting other compilers
than GCC, but if anyone wants to, please go ahead. But keep in mind that
to do this acceptably, a lot of refactoring needs to be made since the
current implementation is a bit hard-wired.

There's also another project, gocache, which has the goal of supporting
other compilers than GCC: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gocache/

> Q2. In future, will ccache support another language?
>    Especially Java.

Not likely.

> Q3. When do you intend to release 3.0?

Unfortunately, I have no other answer than "when it's ready". :-) I
haven't been able to work much on ccache lately, but there's still some
things I want to do before releasing. There will be at least one more
prerelease before 3.0.

-- Joel