[ccache] Re: Feature request: Hash the compiler by version and machine

Alexander Block ablock at blocksoftware.net
Tue Nov 4 16:59:14 GMT 2008

Hello again,

I've implemented hashing of -dumpversion and -dumpmachine in the current
CVS version. You can download a patch here:
http://www.blocksoftware.net/ccache_hash_compiler_version.patch

You have to set the environment variable CCACHE_HASH_COMPILER_VERSION to
enable the new hashing method. If the call to "gcc -dumpxxx" fails for
whatever reason, the old hashing method is used instead.

I'd be happy if you could give me feedback if it is going to be included
in the next release :)

Alex