[ccache] ccache deletes files

Michael Letzgus michael.letzgus at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Sep 26 18:10:51 GMT 2008

Hi all,

today, I had a real bad and strange problem with ccache 2.4.

My Setup was(!) as following:

OS: Windows XP
Compiler: MinGW g++ (4.3.2 TDM)
Build environment: MSYS
IDE: Eclipse CDT
Location of .ccache: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\.ccache  (default location)

While compiling my project, I saw a lot auf output like this:

unlink failed: <filename in application data directory>

And now the really bad part of the story: I KNEW these filename because
it was data located in C:\Documents and Settings\username or eben a
level higher!

Conclusion: Almost all app data lost!

Is it possible that ccache "escaped" from its cache directory and
deleted files in upper level directories?

Kind regards,
 Michael