[ccache] environment variable for maxsize ?

Bogdan Harjoc harjoc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:48:24 GMT 2008

Hello,

Is the fact that the cache size limit is only configurable as a
commandline option intentional ? There seem to be environment
vars for virtually everything else but this.

I am asking because I am close to the 1GB limit and it would be
tedious to change some build scripts to use CC='ccache -M 2G'.
I would much rather keep my "gcc -> ccache" symlinks and
export a CCACHE_MAXSIZE in my login profile for instance.

I can send the patch if there is no easy way to do this already
(suggestions please ?).

Thanks for a very useful tool,
Bogdan