[ccache] how to use ccache

Mahmood NT nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 12:36:47 GMT 2007

Thanks,
before doing that, which gcc shows:

]$ which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

and after these:
cp ccache /usr/local/bin/
ln -s /usr/local/bin/ccache /usr/local/bin/gcc
ln -s /usr/local/bin/ccache /usr/local/bin/g++
ln -s /usr/local/bin/ccache /usr/local/bin/ccwhich gcc shows:
]$ which gcc
/usr/local/bin/gcc

seems it has been successfully installed and linked. Is it the end? If I use "make" without any argument or prefix or something else, will the compiler use cache???

Mahmood NT