[ccache] Disk Space Requirements

Naqib Khan naqibn at nortel.com
Wed Jul 19 05:31:54 GMT 2006

Hi Folks,

I have used ccache successfully in a test environment.  Just confirming
here:  with ccache, I would now have two sets of object files - one in
my CCACHE_DIR & the other in the original location (where they normally
get created - per the build process).  Right now, my testing is limited
to one user/ID.

If that's the case, is it safe to assume that - when implementing ccache
- I will need twice the amount of disk space for my object files (in my
CCACHE_DIR & the other in the original location).  Any tips/suggestions
on how to keep the disk space to a minimum.

Thanks,
Naqib