[ccache] CCACHE_HARDLINK and timestamps

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Apr 18 09:15:14 GMT 2006

Martin and Richard,

ccache already does that. See the following code in ccache.c:

	if (ret == 0) {
		/* update the mtime on the file so that make doesn't get confused */
		utime(output_file, NULL);
	}

It also updates the timestamp on the stderr file to try to ensure that
the approximate LRU behaviour of the ccache cache is maintained.

 > Well, that sounds pretty reasonable to me.  But tridge has gone very
 > quiet on this list...

yeah, sorry. I am reading, but not responding as much as I should. I'm
travelling rather a lot at the moment (this week I'm in Brussels) and
finding it hard to keep up.

Cheers, Tridge