[ccache] ccache doesn't compile binutils

Edward S. Peschko esp5 at pge.com
Wed Apr 14 02:41:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:30:55AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> On  4 Apr 2004, "Edward S. Peschko" <esp5 at pge.com> wrote:
> > hey all,
> >
> > I was trying to compile binutils using ccache (version 2.3) and am getting the following
> > errors:
>
> Are you using ccache to wrap Sun CC?  Maybe you're hitting a bug in
> Sun CC.

no, I'm definitely using gcc and the associated binutils. Compiling the first time
works, compiling the second breaks with the above error.

I'm just curious if this bug is reproducible on other linuxes... I'd really like
to use ccache, but it has to work correctly, cross-platform (on very very large projects)

Ed

(
ps - has anyone made a large integration test with ccache, ie: integrated it into
the gentoo builds, etc? If you could compile an entire gentoo build using ccache, I'd
be more comfortable with it.
)