[ccache] Re: How to debug ccache

Kris Coryn Kris.Coryn at Pandora.be
Fri Mar 28 14:08:20 EST 2003

> On 28 Mar 2003, Kris Coryn <Kris.Coryn at Pandora.be> wrote:
> > first compile a kernel to make the cache files
> > a test on the same machine for a second time yes that is ok.
> > but when i compile a kernel on a other machine it come not from the cache.
> > the second time on the other machine ok but this are the cached files from the
> > first compile on the other machine, not from the first compilation on the
> > first machine of corse
>
> This is probably because you have slightly different versions of the
> compiler installed on each machine, or perhaps different kernel
> configuration options.

it is not only for the kernel only, it is also for compiling gpm the same
problem, but if i know how to find the different that the ccache program
detect, than i can correct this because it's the same hardware there must not
be a difference at the software.

> You know, you should really ask ccache questions on the ccache list.

no, because at the pages http://ccache.samba.org/ there doesnt say there is
because this is a Related projects like you can see there i asked it here, i
hope if andrew Tridgell or his team has some time the correct the pages for
this.

> > are there some issue or rtfm that i can use to trace down why this
> > compilations are not the same ?
> > the machine have the same hardware en software for me, but with parameter say
> > with the compiling that the compile strings are not te same ? how can i see
> > this parameters in a file like the CCACHE_LOGFILE ?
> > not just place xxx into cache
> > or got cached result for xxxx
> > but why ?
>
> --
> Martin

thanks martin for te reply and i have now also subscribe to te ccache mailing
list.

kris