[ccache] Intel compiler

Anders Furuhed anders.furuhed at pantor.com
Tue Feb 18 07:44:35 EST 2003

I was just about to start using ccache with distcc and didn't know the best way to go about, only to discover a just-in-time release that makes it easy! Thanks!

Last week we started to use the Intel compiler in parallel with gcc. The Intel compilers produce a number of cool but unnecessary messages about optimizations that take place. Some of these messages can't be turned off and they appear on stdout. The result is that ccache discards the result instead of putting it into the cache. The Intel guys said they would consider introducing an option that turns the remarks off. I'm considering whether to make a patch for our own use that accepts a parameterized CCACHE_WHATEVER regexp that is used to filter the stdout result before deciding not to cache. There's no way we will let something get in the way of us and ccache :). However, it feels like a temporary workaround rather than a nice feature to push for inclusion. If someone has an opinion or wants to have a patch, please mail me (I'm subscribed to the list).

Thanks again for today's release!
Anders