range differencies

Markus Jakob (EEI) Markus.Jakob at eei.ericsson.se
Sat Jan 5 04:05:17 EST 2002

Hi all,

I try to get routing protocols on an adhoc network running,
using ELSA airlancer cards and the orinoco driver
(kernel version 2.4.9, driver version 0.06f).
I experienced that broadcast messages have
bigger ranges than unicast messages sent to a
particular IP and MAC address, e.g at certain distances
between two nodes it is possible to receive a broadcast
messages from the other node but ping doesn't work
anymore between the nodes.
Is this a normal behaviour or is it somehow possible
to influence it to get the same ranges for all types of
messages?

Thanks

Markus