[Samba] Samba domain name in short format

Sun, Zhongdong zhongdong.sun at yale.edu
Mon May 6 21:03:14 UTC 2024

Hi Rowland,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, it's Samba+sssd+krb5+AD. So many technologies wrapped together, and I don't know which part can go wrong. We managed to make them work together with the full domain name format such as yu.yale.edu\zs24. But it didn't work with short format as YALE\zs24. When I did this in a Windows computer, it reported "We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available." This seems a DNS issue, because it cannot convert 'YALE' to its full name 'yu.yale.edu'. But I don't know where I should input this name resolution in this Samba server.

Unfortunately, we don't have Redhat support contract and cannot get technical support from Redhat. Yes, we are very careful to upgrade Samba and its version may fall behind from the latest one.

Zhongdong