[Samba] Linux Mint 21.3 client AD joined OK but no usb working

Douglas G. Oechsler doguibnu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 17:45:03 UTC 2024

Em qua., 27 de mar. de 2024 às 14:34, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> escreveu:

> > > That on the face of it is only allowing the 'root' user full
> > > permissions on the directory 'douglas-ti' (which I take it the USB
> > > drive) and members of the 'root' group, read and enter/traverse.
> > > There is however the '+' sign on the end of permissions, which
> > > signifies that there is an EA in use, so what does 'getfacl /media'
> > > show ?
> > >
> > > Rowland
> > >
> > > It shows:
> > >

> > 70920 at douglas-note:/$ getfacl media
> > # file: media
> > # owner: root
> > # group: root
> > user::rwx
> > group::r-x
> > other::r-x
> >

> That shows that anyone can traverse the /media directory to get to the
> USB drives below it.
>
> What I didn't notice was that you gave me the permissions for the USB
> drive directory ( I asked for 'ls -l /media', you cd'ed into /media,ran
> 'ls -l' and gave me the permissions of the USB drive directory)
>
> I am sorry!

> So can you know give me the output of 'getfacl /media/douglas-ti'

70920 at douglas-note:~$ getfacl /media/douglas-ti
# file: media/douglas-ti
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:douglas-ti:r-x
group::---
mask::r-x
other::---

Rowland

> PS can you please stop CC'ing me, just reply to the list.

Right, sorry

> --

*Douglas Giovani Oechsler*
e-mail: doguibnu at gmail.com <douglasgiovani at oechsler.com.br>