[Samba] Raise Domain Level, Forest Level and Schema for Bitlocker integration

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 09:30:30 UTC 2024

On 24-03-2024 10:25, Paul Littlefield via samba wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 09:20, Joachim Lindenberg via samba wrote:
>> Not sure what Bitlocker integration you are referring to. Saving
>> bitlocker recovery keys does work for me with schema version 47.
>> Regards, Joachim
>
> We have tried a few times to use our existing schema version 47 and
> it's coming up with this error:-
>
> https://www.itdroplets.com/bitlocker-error-0x80005000/

Did you try the suggestion in the link?

This is the error you get when trying to enable BitLocker to a drive on
a machine joined to the domain that is sitting in an OU that contains a
“/” (forward slash) in its name.

Renaming the OU and remove the “/” off its name will fix the issue and
you will be able to encrypt the drive.