[Samba] Migrate

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 4 13:51:37 UTC 2024

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 08:07:08 -0000
spindles seven via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, March 3, 2024 8:29 PM Josep Maria Gorro wrote:
> > Finally launched domain join request (samba-tool domain join AD_NAME
> > -U"administrator")
>
> You have missed off the type of join:  you need to state "DC" after
> the domain name.   See the help for the samba-tool command.
>
> HTH,
> spindles7

I don't think that is the problem, the OP is getting to 'join_DC' and
if you omit 'dc' from the command, that isn't used.

This is what I would try: Use Debian 12 with Samba from
bookworm-backports, this would get you 4.19.4 without having to compile
Samba (and remove any vague possibility of a compile error), then try
the join again with -d10 on the end of the command. It will either work
or give you a lot more debug info.

Rowland