[Samba] 'Scripted' machine account renewal?!

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Sun Mar 3 15:12:04 UTC 2024

Mandi! Kees van Vloten via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> There is "net changetrustpw" to do this.

I've correctly just joined the firewall to the domain, i can check join
status:

	root at vfwacpn1:~# net ads testjoin
	Join is OK

but if i try to renew credentials i catch:

	root at vfwacpn1:~# net ads changetrustpw -I 10.172.1.8
	Changing password for principal: vfwacpn1$@AD.MYDOMAIN.IT
	Password change failed: No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because the computer has already accepted the maximum number of connections.

Thanks.

--
  Microsoft is to Software as McDonalds is to Cuisine.