[Samba] permission denied with windows acls

Peter Carlson peter at howudodat.com
Mon Jan 29 15:55:05 UTC 2024

Just to make sure this morning, I created another VM and it behaves the
same, so obviously we have something slightly different in our configs.
I think we have gone through the client side pretty thoroughly and they
are the same.  That leaves:

  * our security settings on the share -  but you said that your machine
    isn't in domain users and domain computers doesn't have access to
    the share.  What else there to test here?
  * file server samba settings
  * possibly version differences
      o Client: Version 4.15.13-Ubuntu
      o File Server: Version 4.19.0pre1-GIT-1e793357906
      o Domain Controller: Version 4.18.0pre1-GIT-d385058ce7c
      o I was doing some work on generic user level linux GPOs which is
        why the DC and FS are running from source
  * or even at the DC.?

What's the easiest way to proceed?  I can post pretty much any config
needed.

Peter