[Samba] AD integrated DNS missing

Sam R sr42354 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:57:12 UTC 2024

to be a little more precise i have dns entries only in the forest section

# ldbsearch -H ldap://s4 -P -b
"DC=domain.com,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDNSZones,DC=domain,DC=com"
-s sub '(&(objectClass=dnsNode)(!(dNSTombstoned=TRUE)))' dnsRecord  name

search error - LDAP error 32 LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT -  <acl_read:
  Error retrieving instanceType for base. at
  ../../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/acl_read.c:967> <>*

  and

# samba-tool dns zonelist s4 -P
  19 zone(s) found       : ForestDnsZones.domain.com

On a day-to-day basis, this problem wasn't noticeable, but became apparent
when I tried to use the samba-tool dns zoneoptions command.