[Samba] Unable to remove and replace samba user

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Jan 9 17:24:00 UTC 2024

I am trying to remove a user that I created while experimenting with
samba-tool.  But it seems that I cannot.  Is there more to deleting a user than
simply running samba-too user delete username?

This is what I am seeing:

ERROR(ldb): Failed to add user 'bonaswhc_x':  - Entry CN=X
Y,CN=Users,DC=brockley,DC=harte-lyne,DC=ca already exists
[root at smb4-2 ~ (master)]# samba-tool user show bonaswhc_x
ERROR: Unable to find user "bonaswhc_x"
[root at smb4-2 ~ (master)]# samba-tool user delete bonaswhc_x
ERROR: Unable to find user "bonaswhc_x"

How is this user completely removed?

Regards,

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

Canada  L8E 3C3