[Samba] Using logon.bat files in samba ad-dc

Ricardo Campos rdiascampos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:53:25 UTC 2024

Hi, all.

I know that the Samba people do *not* advise using shares in the ad, but,
in the current circumstances, this will have to be done. At least until
there is another technical-administrative context.
In the very old previous installation (Suse 42, samba 4.4.2), using
openLdap, I used logon.bat scripts to map Samba shares to windows client
devices ("net use K: \\mydomain\cj /persistent :no", for example). And this
was done individually, that is, each user had their logon.bat, which was in
their home directory (in my case, /home/%U). The configuration was done in
smb.conf, using the shares:
[netlogon]
path = /home/%u
write list = so-and-so beltrano
browseable = no
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
read only = no

Can this or something similar be done in the ad?

To ask another way: how can a user, using a Windows client, map existing
shares in the ad to Windows devices, automatically, when logging into the
domain?

Thanks.

Ricardo

Não