[Samba] SAMBA_INTERNAL dns-backend limitations

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 29 20:34:02 UTC 2024

On Fri, 2024-03-01 at 00:01 +0500, Anton Shevtsov via samba wrote:
> Hi,
> I see
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Internal_DNS_Back_End#Limitations
>
> The internal DNS does not support:
>   * acting as a caching resolver  * recursive queries  * shared-key
> transaction signature (TSIG)  * stub zones  * zone transfers  * Round
> Robin load balancing among DC's
> but this was relevant for 2018-2019. What limitations remain now? For
> 4.17.12 and 4.19.3

This list still looks correct, except that we now will forward on
queries if we don't have the authoritative answer locally.
Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions