[Samba] samba 4.19 Windows 11 clients Time sync problem

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:50:32 UTC 2024

On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 8:38 AM Daniel Müller via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> We just have a samba 4.19 domain running. And what i recognized ist hat some
> windows 10/11 clients does not sync time with the dc. The time is not the
> real time as on the dc, about 10 minutes back or several minutes in the
> future.
I had one system that previously used a different time server via a
GPO, but for some reason didn't start using the DC for NTP once the
GPO was removed and I had to reset its time service.
Do this in an elevated prompt:
net stop w32time
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register