[Samba] Samba trying to connect to a non-existant DC for NTP?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 15 15:46:18 UTC 2024

On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:33:15 -0500
"James B. Byrne via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Wed Feb 14 22:02:48 UTC 2024 Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org wrote:
> >
> > That is what I expected, you have two SRV records for the
> > PDC_Emulator FSMO role. As there should only be one, you need to
> > remove the incorrect one.
> >

> I cannot translate the information that I possess into a samba-tool
> dns delete command.  When I query dns I see no SRV records.

Try this on a DC:

samba-tool dns delete 127.0.0.1 _msdcs.brockley.harte-lyne.ca
_ldap._tcp.pdc "SMB4-1.brockley.harte-lyne.ca 389 0 100"

> samba-tool dns query smb4-2.brockley.harte-lyne.ca
> _udp.brockley.harte-lyne.ca '@' all -U administrator
> Password for [BROCKLEY\administrator]:
> ERROR: Record or zone does not exist.
>
> The samba-tool dns delete command requires the exact RR record to be
> deleted. How do I get samba-tool to give me the SRV records for ntp?

Well you should be able to get the SRV with this:

samba-tool dns query 127.0.0.1 _msdcs.brockley.harte-lyne.ca
_ldap._tcp.pdc SRV  -U administrator

But it isn't for NTP, your initial post was for port 135, that has
nothing to do with NTP, which uses port 123

Rowland