[Samba] SambaNTPassword

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 13 16:40:49 UTC 2024

On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:10:59 +0100
Ute Korn via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> It is possible to use the userpassword attribute in LDAP for Samba
> Clients passwords instead of SambaNTPassword? And it is possible,
> that the password isn’t crypted. On the LDAP Server runs an saslautd
> daemon, which will only use the userpassword Atrribut in LDAP.
>
> Kind regards Ute

You can populate the userpassword attribute with a plain password, but,
as far as I am aware, there is nothing to sync it with the users active
directory password.

Surely there is someway to authenticate by Active directory or kerberos
?

What are you trying to authenticate ? Perhaps someone can point you in
the right direction.

Rowland