[Samba] Samba, Kerberos, Autofs: Shares get disconnected

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 12 19:32:32 UTC 2024

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 13:12:41 +0100
"Pluess, Tobias via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Dear Rowland
>
> of course, if the network is unreachable, this is also a problem for
> autofs. However, when a CIFS share is in the fstab and the network is
> unreachable, you cannot boot, as it waits forever to mount all your
> fstab entries, whereas with autofs, you can still boot, as there is
> nothing really mounted yet.

Have you tried adding '_netdev' to the options in the fstab line ?

> I show you below my configurations of the server and client machines.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the smb.conf files.

Have you tried the default /etc/krb5.conf ?

[libdefaults]
	default_realm = SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
	dns_lookup_realm = false
	dns_lookup_kdc = true

[realms]
SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM = {
	default_domain = samdom.example.com
}

[domain_realm]
	DC1 = SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM

Where:
SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM is the kerberos realm in uppercase.
samdom.example.com is the dns domain in lowercase.
DC1 is the computers short hostname in uppercase.

Rowland