[Samba] Samba 4.19.4 as printer server: printer are not show in browser

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Wed Feb 7 12:18:12 UTC 2024

Thank Rowland

With browser I means "list all printers shared by CUPS from [smbclient
-L server] command"

A few minutes ago I discovered that it is a SElinux problem

I have run "sudo setenforce 0" then run "smbclient -N -L fedora", the
printers appear in the list and work if I print on it

I had previously already checked the audit.log to see if SElinux errors
appeared but nothing was reported when run smbclient

Now I have re enable SElinux with "sudo setenforce 1" and restart the
server, but the list of printers continues to be displayed and all work
fine.

This is good for me, but it's not clear what happened, because now with
Selinux enabled the printers are listed as expected.

Furthermore, I don't understand if it's a Selinux problem with Samba or
with Cups

Now I do some other test and investigations (revert the snapshot to
initial situation) to find out what exactly causes the printers not to
be displayed when Selinux is active and is never deactivated, even for
a moment. If I have any news I'll let you know.

Thanks you for your time

Dario