[Samba] bsd printing and samba 4.17

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Wed Feb 7 08:09:35 UTC 2024

On 2/6/24 14:25, Piviul via samba wrote:
> [...]
> but even if the %s file is successfully removed the spool remain in
> queue and lock further documents printing.
>
> I found this problem in samba 4.17.12-Debian on a debian bullseye but
> in samba 4.14.10-Debian on a debian buster I don't have this problem.

I remember that in samba 4.14 enabling spoolssd was causing a similar
problem. Now in samba documentation[¹] I read that manually enabling
spoolssd only applies to Samba version 4.15 and older versions. So means
that samba greater than 4.15 doesn't have spoolssd or means that is
enabled by default? If it, as I fear, is enabled, there is a way to
disable it?

Piviul

[¹] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server