[Samba] Samba, Kerberos, Autofs: Shares get disconnected

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:56:54 UTC 2024

Op 06-02-2024 om 16:02 schreef Pluess, Tobias:
> Good day Kees,
>
> I have no special user to connect the share. Instead, I tried to use
> the user's own Kerberos ticket, which seems to work fine.
> I use the options
>
> sec=krb5,multiuser,cruid=$USER
>
> to mount the share. That seems to accept the user's Kerberos ticket
> which is created when he logs in.
>
> best
> Tobias

It looks like the share remains mounted while the user logs out, is that
correct?

In any case the user's kerberos ticket is not valid at some point in
time (likely after it expires after 10h) and hence the error "required
key not available".

When the user is logged in, it will refresh the ticket on time, so this
does not (or at least, should not) happen.

Why not unmount the share when the user logs out?

Or if you want it to remain mounted, I would suggest to use the machine
account to mount it with a multi-user mount. The machine-account ticket
gets refreshed by winbind with the option Rowland suggested.

- Kees.