[Samba] Users/admin unable to reset passwords

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Mon Apr 22 12:56:41 UTC 2024

New related issue.

I upgraded the Domain Controller from 4.8.2 to 4.18.9 about 90 days ago, and set
the 'Maximum password age' to 90 days. Today, two of the users' passwords were
expired when they tried to log in this morning. They got the messaage that their
password was expired and to change it, but when doing so they keep getting "your
password has expired."

I've reset 3 people's passwords so far today. This worked without problem on
4.8.2. Yes, they did get the Windows notice that their password was expiring in
x days, but they didn't act on that.

Any idea how to fix this?

(Note the problem with "User must change password at next login" described below
when I first upgraded the DC).

Thanks --Mark