[Samba] Filelocking Issue in 4.18.11

Stolte, Felix f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
Fri Apr 19 10:16:25 UTC 2024

Hi Ralph,

thanks a lot. We are using the ceph filesystem as our backend. I checked the dev/inode of the same file on both nodes and in fact the dev number differed. It looks to me that the the dev number relates to the order in which the the filesystems are mounted during boot.

We are using vfs_fileid now and the filelocking issue seems to be gone.

> Am 18.04.2024 um 18:31 schrieb Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>:
>
> Hi Felix,
>
> On 4/18/24 08:33, Stolte, Felix via samba wrote:
>> Is this a bug or maybe a misconfiguration? In the latter, which parameters could cause this?
>
> I guess the nodes end up using different combinations of dev/inode as primary key for the locking.tdb record. Probably because the device numbers differ on the nodes and you didn't fix this known issue with GPFS with the fileid VFS module.
>
> I think we have a section about this in the wiki, wait...
>
> ...yes, here it is:
>
> <https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_clustered_Samba#IBM_GPFS_filesystem>
>
> -slow
>
> --
> SerNet Samba Team Lead
> Samba Support, Consulting and Development
> Samba Team Member      https://samba.org/
> SAMBA+ packages       https://samba.plus/

mit freundlichem Gruß
Felix Stolte

IT-Services
mailto: f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
Tel: 02461-619243

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan Müller
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens, Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior