[Samba] ip attrs on computer object

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:08:07 UTC 2024

Hi team,

I am trying to store some ip-data on the computer-account object in
ldap. I managed to store ip-address in 'ipHostNumber' and mac-address in
'macAddress' (after adding objectClass: "ieee802Device").

The last attribute I want to store is 'ipNetmaskNumber' (which is in the
2008R2 schema), but that fails because it is non-existent in the
objectClasses.  This attribute exists in the schema, but I can't figure
out how to make it usable on the computer-account object.

What would be the objectClass to add?

Or is this a bad idea and should I better follow a different approach?

(samba 4.19.5 on bookworm)

- Kees.