[Samba] bad home path from AD

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 5 15:07:50 UTC 2024

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 16:47:47 +0200
Arnaud Bougeard via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> The  RIDs which I understand like the last digits of the SID are from
> 1000 to 300000 on the AD
> Which range values should I set ?

Did you read the documentation I pointed to ?

If you had, you would have found that Samba, when using the 'rid'
backend, calculates the ID with this:

ID = RID + LOW_RANGE_ID

or

ID = 1000 + 10000

Which becomes '11000' for your lowest RID, which incidentally isn't
your lowest RID, that belongs to 'Administrator' and is 500.

So, allowing for all this, I would use these lines:

   idmap config * : backend = tdb
   idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
   idmap config DOMAIN : backend = rid
   idmap config DOMAIN : range = 10000-999999

They should work for you and allow for plenty of growth.

Rowland