[Samba] [OT?] July update and RDP...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Thu Sep 28 14:15:48 UTC 2023

I've read some weeks ago some rants about Microsoft Windows 10 (and 11) july
update and RDP trouble, that i've hit only today.

AFAI've understood, something changed on NLA management; effectively now
computer in the domain can connect via RDP, but computer not in domain or
with other client (like remmina) not anymore.

Quick solution was to disable NLA:

	reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp" /f /v "UserAuthentication" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
	reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp" /f /v "SecurityLayer" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"

but i've not totally clear the consecuences of disabling NLA; I've looked
around for an explanation, but found nothing (i've understood is) relevant.

Someone have some clue? Thanks.

--
  Il settimo dice non ammazzare se del cielo vuoi esssere degno.
  Guardatela oggi, questa legge di Dio,