[Samba] MSA accounts

bd730c5053df9efb bd730c5053df9efb at proton.me
Fri Sep 15 15:58:03 UTC 2023

Hi all!

I recently learned about Managed Service Accounts and thought they would be a good case use to connect services (dovecot comes to mind) to AD and according to the documentation I found this kind of accounts have existed since windows 7 on windows 2008 r2 functioning level ad domains. However when I try to set a new account using ADUC on a windows 7 workstation on my samba-4.18.5 DC I see no option to create an msDS-ManagedServiceAccount account but I do have the option for a msDS-GroupManagedServiceAccount. Am i missing something on the workstation RSAT tools or are these kind of accounts not supported on samba AD?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Dave.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.