[Samba] Windows XP SP3 cannot join to the Samba AD domain on Debian 11 4.17.10

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 13 22:13:55 UTC 2023

On Wed, 2023-09-13 at 11:45 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> 12.09.2023 22:36, Andrew Bartlett via samba:
> > Thanks.  Can you please write up a wiki page with these details?
>
> Andrew, are you sure we wan this info easily findable on the wiki? :)

Yes, I do.  We put back support in winbindd for working with an NT4 DC
recently.   Samba keeps options around - off, but around - for a lot of
old OSs.  I only just removed some, but not all LanMan authentication
support, and mostly because it made disabling storing the NT hash a
pain to describe.

Where folks need to have Samba behave in a particular way, I would
rather users share that knowledge than have to work it out by hand.  It
also means we can avoid them turning off even more security than
required, as they try every option.

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions