[Samba] DC: Show and edit custom attribute with attribute editor

Adnan RIHAN axel50397 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:57:07 UTC 2023

Hi there, new to AD and new to Samba DC. I only have a test environment with 4.7.19 installed on an LXC container. GPO, users edit/add/del, groups, etc… Everything is fine.

I wanted to create a custom attribute for our users (a pin code), I could do it with (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions) but I chose the easy way and enabled `dsdb:schema update allowed` to use Windows' schema editor.

I created the attribute with a generated OID and added it to the user class, I also added an existing attribute (privateKey) to the same class. Disabled schema update, restarted samba and my test VM, and I still see the attribute on user class but not in the attribute editor on a user. I'm stuck there.

I was able to add the attribute to a user using ldbmodify, I still can't see these 2 attributes on the attribute editor but ldbsearch shows them fine:

> root at dc1 ~# ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "CN=Adnan,OU=Org,DC=tech,DC=example,DC=com" printerPin
> # record 1
> dn: CN=Adnan,OU=Org,DC=tech,DC=example,DC=com
> printerPin: 123456

Am I missing something ?

- Capture attribute editor: https://i.ibb.co/VwrBXjg/Capture-d-cran-2023-09-13-18-55-06.png
--