[Samba] WG: Update to samba 4.19 Aduc no longer working No login

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Sep 12 07:08:35 UTC 2023

12.09.2023 09:56, Daniel Müller via samba:
> This is realy urgent. Wachting the behaviour of samba 4.19. It is filling  tmpfs /run/lock/samba until 100%:
> Dateisystem                    Größe Benutzt Verf. Verw% Eingehängt auf
> udev                             63G       0   63G    0% /dev
> tmpfs                            13G    2,4M   13G    1% /run
> /dev/mapper/dommaster--vg-root  3,6T     17G  3,4T    1% /
> tmpfs                            63G    2,5M   63G    1% /dev/shm
> tmpfs                           5,0M    4,7M  324K   94% /run/lock   <--- samba is filling

I guess it's pointless to reply, since seemengly Daniel is using this
mailing list as a write-only media.  But for others it might be helpful.

Here, depending on the load of servers, I see /run/samba directory sizes
(here it is configured to use /run/samba instead of /run/lock) ranging
from 8M to 50M.  None of servers fits into 5M.

FWIW.

/mjt