[Samba] Samba migration to AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 10 19:36:01 UTC 2023

I really don't think anybody can answer your question to the degree of
certainty you want, 4.4 is a very old version of Samba now.  There are
numerous issues you can face, particularly from Samba 4.4 if you have a
domain with a specific object pattern.  (For a customer, I added code
to more recent Samba versions to assist in replication from Samba 4.4).
I suggested you first upgrade Samba, because the last time I did such a
migration (from an even older version) that is how I did it.
Modern Samba versions let you create a lab domain where you can test
your upgrade and migration, otherwise do what trials and testing you
can in your own environment.  Nobody is going to, absent a commercial
support arrangement, going to promise any specific outcome, we don't
know your domain etc.
Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company
Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions