[Samba] Which sub version of Samba 4.19 will be considered for Debian bookworm-backports?

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Tue Sep 5 17:20:17 UTC 2023

Hi folks,

I'm just curious about which subversion of Samba 4.19 that will trickle
down to Debian bookworm-backports?

I have a hunch I saw a note from either Rowland or Louis van Belle quite
a few years back on this list, that the .0 and .1, and possibly .2
versions of Samba, are not considered stable enough for production.
Please, correct me if I have got it wrong.

Otherwise it would be interesting to know, as I plan integration with
Microsoft Azure later this year. What I understand, Microsoft has
changed the requirements to at least AD forest level 2016 for that
integration, while previously 2008R2 was sufficient.

Best regards,

Peter