[Samba] Access Problems after Update 4.13.13 to 4.17.10

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Sep 5 16:12:40 UTC 2023

05.09.2023 15:55, Achim Gottinger via samba wrote:
> I build samba 4.19 packages from debian unstable. Now the shares are empty and I can not create an file or folder inside. No error shown on the windows side but nothing happens if I create an folder
> or file in such an empty share.

FWIW, binaries for 4.19 for usual share of debian/ubuntu systems
are available on my site at the usual place since yesterday.
It's not of help for you though, since basically it's the same
binaries you've got already rebuilding unstable pkgs.

> Will backport the RDP patch to 4.13 now to get along.

4.13, while works in this context, is not supported anymore - neither
by samba team nor by debian.

It'd be really interesting to see what the problem is.  Do you by
a chance has some symlinks inside your shares?

But I've no ideas really, short of strace'ing some failing operations.

/mjt