[Samba] New (4.18 provisioned) domain is missing id lookups from idmap.ldb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 5 09:22:13 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2023-09-05 at 11:10 +0200, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
> Thanks for checking.
>

> It looks like there is no simple answer but it must be something in
> my
> new environment. I will do some more debugging later today.

Are you really sure this is something in your new environment, not
something odd about the old one?

I've not followed this too closely, but the idea with the mode you
selected is that the AD uidNumber and gidNumber are the correct values,
not idmap.ldb values which should never be consulted for these users
any more.

Andrew,

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group