[Samba] Permissions issue on domain member server (samba as an appliance)

Luis Peromarta lperoma at icloud.com
Fri Oct 27 19:20:02 UTC 2023

These are my notes. I’d rather use xattr and configure shares from windows.

http://samba.bigbird.es/doku.php?id=samba:configuring-shares

Also, have you assigned privileges ?

http://samba.bigbird.es/doku.php?id=samba:server-privileges

Using autorid as the idmap backend has some limitations. I recommend using rid.

Regards.