[Samba] Compiling within Samba Source-Tree

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Oct 15 08:54:32 UTC 2023

On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 23:43:43 +0200
Peter Koch via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Dear Samba-experts:
>
> we migrated from Samba 3.6 to 4.18 and everything works well.

I remember this, didn't you have a problem with the SID ?

> But there are two problems where I need some expert-help:
>
> We are using a daemon that is running on our AD-server. It accepts
> connections from remote machines and changes the passwords of
> certain users.

What users ?
AD users or local users on a non domain joined computer ?
If they are AD users, then you probably shouldn't be using smbpasswd
and if they are local users on a non domain computer, then they
probably shouldn't be in AD or you should be using something like:

samba-tool user syncpasswords

Rowland