[Samba] rpc_pipe_open_ncalrpc: connect(/run/samba/ncalrpc/EPMAPPER) failed: No such file or directory

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Oct 1 05:41:01 UTC 2023

This question has already been asked in the past, but there was
no answer.

The above message is logged quite often in /var/log/samba/log.samba-dcerpcd.
This is a stand-alone anonymous read-only server.

Is it something to worry about?  It smells like samba isn't working
properly.

If yes, how can I fix it?

If no, how can I stop samba from logging un-interesting messages?

What dcerpcd is used for to begin with?  I don't remember it running
before (but iirc it is a new thing in 4.16).

Thanks,

/mjt