[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.19.3 Available for Download

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Nov 27 16:13:18 UTC 2023

On 11/27/23 13:27, Jule Anger via samba wrote:

Hello.

> All versions of Samba from 4.0.0 onwards are vulnerable to an
> When a domain was provisioned with an unpatched Samba version,
> The patched Samba does NOT protect existing domains!
>
> The administrator needs to run the following command

Just a check to see if I understand correctly:
_ Samba 4.19.3 is needed to correctly provision new domains;
_ old domains must be corrected with the given command;
_ that command only works in 4.19.3; it won't fix the problem if
launched on an older version (at least it did nothing when I tried it on
4.17.12).

If so, are updated 4.17.x and 4.18.x releases planned for those who
can't or don't want to move to 4.19?

Or is there another (perhaps more manual) way to check if a domain is
affected and fix it?

  Thanks in advance
	av.