[Samba] General advice needed, granting machine account permissions to a share?

Matt Pruett entelin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 20:37:19 UTC 2023

It does produce an id. I can try switching away from sssd as suggested
by Rowland. I'm interested in my last question about how valid the
notion of granting a domain machine account permissions to a share is?
Is this something that is done in some cases? Does Microsoft consider
it a valid use case of machine accounts? Here is my config, any
advice/criticism would be welcome. (though I am aware that using
.local is cursed, predates me, can't change it)  The machine account
is a member of the "encoder group".

[global]
realm = DH.LOCAL
workgroup = DH
security = ads
kerberos method = secrets and keytab
template homedir = /home/%U
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 10000-199999
idmap config DH : backend = sss
idmap config DH : range = 200000-2147483647
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = yes