[Samba] sysvol-reset deletes delegation ACL

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Mon Nov 13 17:03:30 UTC 2023

On 11/13/23 17:53, Simon FONTENEAU via samba wrote:
> Thank you I understand better with the gitlab link.
> Failing to have this commit accepted, we should perhaps revert this
> commit which is a regression :
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/commit/27dd0afb62d4f7427c966e984c7c8b01bc4d93b5

for certain reasons this is not how development works. :) These days we
always require tests for all changes. Yes, this sometimes sucks in the
short term, but this is that ensures quality in the long run.

Maybe one of your engineers can contribute and write a test? That would
be awesome!

-slow

--
SerNet Samba Team Lead          https://samba.plus/