[Samba] samba-tool domain tombstones expurge issues

Fabio Fantoni fabio.fantoni at m2r.biz
Mon Nov 13 14:52:13 UTC 2023

Hi, today I tried to delete tombstones, using samba 4.19.2,and I
detected some problems

> samba-tool domain tombstones expurge
- don't works but show the help again:

> samba-tool domain tombstones: no such subcommand: expurge
>
> Usage: samba-tool domain tombstones <subcommand>
>
> Domain tombstone and recycled object management.

>   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
>   --color=always|never|auto
>                         use colour if available (default: auto)
>

> Available subcommands:
>   expunge  - Expunge tombstones from the database.
> For more help on a specific subcommand, please type: samba-tool domain
> tombstones <subcommand> (-h|--help)
- "samba-tool domain tombstones expurge --help" don't show the
subcommand help but the main previous command help above

I had to to a search on web to find
"--tombstone-lifetime=TOMBSTONE_LIFETIME" and worked correctly

> samba-tool domain tombstones expunge --tombstone-lifetime=30
> Removed 58 objects and 0 links successfully
Can someone fix at least the help for show the subcommand needed please?
I think will be useful to users want to use tombstones expunge