[Samba] DNS updates, machine name changes...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 9 20:24:38 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-11-09 at 20:17 +0000, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 12:08:14 -0800"Aaron C. de Bruyn via samba" <
> samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > You might be running into what I just ran into and posted about a
> > dayor so ago.
> > When did you delete the names out of DNS?
>
> From my reading of the initial post, the dns data wasn't deleted and
> ifso, it will belong to the old computer and the new computer will
> not beable to update the dns records.
> Rowland

If the original delete was only to create the DNS tombstone, then the
name will be owned by the old computer, with the name, an ACL but no
DNS records.  Once the DNS tomestone becomes an AD tombstone (deleted
object) the name will become free again.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group